
Love... in the dictionary means a strong passionate affection of one person for another. It’s a definition anybody can explain in their own language, simply because it’s a feeling that anybody can feel. In our younger years love is such a pure feeling, maybe a very shallow tingling in our heart can easily be mistaken for something called love. But how can we really say IT IS LOVE?
In this crazy world we call our home; it’s very hard to find such thing or feeling and maybe most of the time we’ve taken this feeling too literal that a small amount of fondness or fancy feeling for someone is called love. Yes, I know most of us felt this way before but until today can we REALLY define it in its more appropriate words?
I’ve been in 2 serious relationships – first, when I was in high school that lasted for only a month. The reason we broke up is because I can’t balance my studies & “him”. Of course being young & all, I would rather spend time with my boyfriend than study. Then I got into trouble with my parents for having failing grades, that’s the time I realized my studies & parents are more important than him. I cried & mourn for a year because of that decision.
My second serious relationship was fun even lasted for seven years & 3 months to be exact. We can say that it was then a perfect relationship because my parents & friends were very fond of him or maybe because he is a neighbour that I grew up with that’s why it was a breeze for everyone to accept that fact. Before that shitty break up happened everyone was expecting for us to be married sooner or later but of course shit did happened – he found someone else – seventh year itch? Maybe...
It’s been two years since my last serious relationship & still I can never tell how one can say it is that passionate thing. I cried for both of them for almost a year after we broke up. I trusted & respected them. I’ve been faithful & tried my hardest to stay in those relationships, but ended too soon & too painful. Is it really love?
Some people tell us that when you "love" a person so much the pain you'll feel when it didn't work out is twice than the "love" you felt for that person. And also they say that you can never tell you did fall in love or love the person if breaking up with him/her is not painful. So what they trying to say is love & pain is a package deal. Does it mean that you can't feel love if you didn't feel pain?
Being single gives me more time to think and reflect what really that thing is -
1.) Are trust, respect & acceptance for that someone is really enough for love survive?
2.) The possibility or the fact that there’s always someone better to come along your way, how would we know if that new one is that someone we should have & hold rather than the one we already have & holding?
3.) Is setting someone we have free for him/her to be happy with the other is love?
4.) Sacrificing our own happiness for the good of the relationship can be called love?
5.) And lastly, is Love a noun, a verb or both?
Perhaps I can never have all the answers & reasons even if I found someone to love again. But if that someone miraculously gave me answers & reasons, maybe by then I’ll know what really love is...
No comments:
Post a Comment